Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Meet our new STAR Cover Girl, Isabella

We recently had a chance to sit down with our newest Cover Girl, Isabella to ask her a few questions.

Q: Where are you from?
A: Sobras Spain, It is a small village in the region of Almeria.

Q: Tell us about yourself:
A: I am very honored and excited to have been chosen to be the Star Extra Light Olive Oil Girl. I am a bit shy, so all the attention has taken some getting use to. I even received a card from Letizia, Princess of Asturias.  I almost FAINTED!


Q: What are some of your interests?
A: Olive picking, gardening, cooking, riding horses, raising chickens and visiting with my family & friends.


Q: Favorite things to do?
A: I love going to the open-air market on Thursdays, I believe you call them Farmer's Markets in the United States. I look for special ingredients to add to my bake goods and around the holidays I will even sell some of my baked goods at the market.  I also like to enter my creations in local and regional Gastronomy Fairs.

Q: What do you like to bake?
A: Magdalenas or small Spanish Cakes. They  are small sweet cakes that are rich-tasting, but light and fluffy. The Spanish traditionally eat them at breakfast with "café con leche." I make mine using Star's  Extra Light Olive Oil instead of butter to make them healthier for you.

Thank you Isabella! We look forward to seeing you on the store shelves soon.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow Me on Pinterest
Powered by Blogger.

Followers